Want to know more about our contribution to the KBA programme? Here is a recent post by our IUCN colleagues:
This year the European Congress on Conservation Biology was held in Glasgow, Scotland (28 August – 1 September). GMA lab members participated with enthusiasm, 9 people from the lab were present, all of them co-authoring one or more contributions.
A summary of all GMA lab contributions includes:
- 2 Posters: Pacifici M. et al., Ranc N. et al.;
- 7 Oral presentations: Baisero D. et al., Baisero D. & Rondinini C., Di Marco M. et al., Giorgini D. et al., Rondinini C. et al., Santini L. et al., Visconti P. et al.;
- 1 Symposium: Visconti P., Rondinini C., et al.
- 1 Roud table: Rondinini C.
Additional conference outcomes also include:
- 2 finalists of the Student Awards competition: Baisero D., Di Marco M. (3rd prize awarded).
- A press release based on the Symposium “GLOBAL BIODIVERSITY SCENARIOS TO INFORM ENVIRONMENTAL POLICIES” (Visconti P., Rondinini C., et al.);
- A travel grant from British Ecological Society to attend ECCB 2012 (awarded to Di Marco M.).
Overall ECCB 2012 was a great occasion for us to present part of our recent work to the international conservation community; it gave us the opportunity to meet some of our collaborators and to expand our collaboration network, as well as to meet a lot of friends.